About the Conference:
Due to continuing COVID restrictions on travel, we have decided to hold MT Summit 2021 online on August 16-20, 2021. We have extended the submission deadline for Research papers to Tuesday, May 18, 2021 and for User/Provider and Government abstracts to Tuesday, June 1, 2021 to allow people more time to reconsider and adjust their plans for submissions given the new conference format.
As an online conference, MT Summit 2021 will accommodate more academic, industry, and government specialists from all around the world, especially MT professionals who cannot travel to the United States at the moment. In a recent survey we conducted, more than 80% of the respondents indicated they were planning to attend only virtually. With the move to a fully virtual event and an inclusive approach, we anticipate more than 500 attendees from across the MT spectrum this year.
MT Summit 2021 will include these engaging features:
- 50+ presentations with fresh research, industry insights, and use cases from practitioners at top-tier universities, leading MT providers, and global enterprises
- Keynote presentations by Lucie Seguin, CEO of the Translation Bureau of Canada, Jane Nemcova, former Managing Director of AI at Lionbridge, and world-recognized MT researchers Lucia Specia and Graham Neubig
- A special presentation on the results of a recent worldwide survey on MT technology and business trends by Common Sense Advisory
- A panel of MT experts headed by Alon Lavie, VP of Language Technologies at Unbabel, discussing the future of MT from the varied perspectives of researchers, technology providers, LSPs, and enterprises
- Workshops on MT of Low-Resource Languages, Automated Spoken Language Translation, Patent and Scientific Literature Translation, and Automatic Translation between Sign and Verbal Languages (all included with conference registration)
- Several hours of fluid networking opportunities for all conference attendees
- Career mentoring sessions for students with experts from industry, government, and academia, and special student registration rates provided by a generous sponsor
- A technology showcase & fair with demonstrations of the latest MT-related innovations by a variety of sponsors and exhibitors