MT Summit XV | Commercial MT Users and Translators: Call for Presentations
Contacts: Steve Richardson and Mike Dillinger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Commercial Users and Translators track will focus on how MT helps individual translators, Language Service Providers, and enterprise users deliver their products and services more effectively. Submissions should report on the use of MT to support business goals and serve customer needs in commercial settings by integrating it with other processes and technologies.
Example MT use cases include supplying on-demand localization, providing technical support information in multiple languages, and enabling global consumer-to-consumer transactions. Example products and services include MT integration with translator productivity tools, cloud-based MT services for integration with other web and mobile applications, and customization and deployment of MT engines for specific needs. See more possible topics below.
- Submissions due: Monday, July 13
- Notification of acceptance: Monday, August 3
- Final “camera-ready” versions due: Monday, August 31
Topics of interest include but are not limited to the following:
- Use of MT as a translator productivity tool: benefits, challenges, training requirements
- Methods for obtaining and using post-editor productivity data
- Quality evaluation and pricing methods for MT post-editing services
- Integrating MT into the localization program lifecycle
- Integrating MT with source content analysis and classification tools
- Integrating MT with web and mobile applications, such as social media
- Integrating MT into CAT tools
- Use of MT for publishing “noisy” source content types (user generated content, consumer–to-consumer communications, support web sites)
- Static and real-time domain adaptation and change management of MT systems in commercial deployments
- Use of MT to address global enterprise “big data” requirements such as web analytics
- Use of MT for cross-language search
- Use of MT in crowd-sourced translation environments
- Business applications of speech-to-speech MT
- Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of MT in commercial settings
What to submit:
Please submit a 250 to 500-word abstract describing your presentation to the Commercial MT Users Chairs (email@example.com) by 11:59 pm PDT (GMT – 7 hours), Monday, July 13, 2015.
If you have any questions, you can ask the Program Chairs at this same email address.
Ideal presentations will describe how MT helps to address a specific business challenge, with an objective assessment of its strengths and weaknesses for that particular challenge, supported by quantitative measures.
Submissions should not contain commercial solicitations of specific tools. If you have original software that you would like to show, you may also consider submitting a proposal for free space in the MT Summit Technology Showcase. See the “Call for MT Technology Demonstrations and Exhibits” on the conference website.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit your presentation for publication in the MT Summit XV Conference Proceedings. Publication in the Conference Proceedings is not a requirement, but we strongly suggest that you make your presentation available so other people can learn from your experiences.
If you want to have your presentation published as part of the Proceedings, it is preferred that you format it according to the Research track submission guidelines (See Call for MT Research Papers for details). However, slide decks or extended abstracts may also be accepted.