AMTA 2018 | Tutorial | Getting Started Customizing MT with Microsoft Translator Hub: From Pilot Project to Production
- Develop an Effective MT Customization Pilot Project
Learn strategies to plan and carry out an effective pilot project to train a customized MT engine and learn tips to evaluate the MT pilot project against your goals so you can move it toward production. Participants will know how to plan a pilot project, select appropriate training and testing data, clean training data, discern how to make iterative improvements to an MT engine, carry out automatic and human evaluation of the translation, and use such evaluations to make decisions regarding budgets and timelines.
- Hands-on MT Software Tutorial
Custom train an instance of Microsoft Translator Hub and use free Okapi Framework tools to clean your training data for effective use in Microsoft Translator Hub. Example files will be provided.
Bring your own laptop and come prepared for hands-on work with the following tools to be used in the tutorial.
- Create a free account to build a system at https://hub.microsofttranslator.com
- Download and install Olifant, part of the .NET version of the free and open source Okapi Framework for localization: http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html
- Download and install Okapi Checkmate, part of the current Java version of the Okapi Framework: http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=CheckMate
Want to read more about the conference?